För recept på svenska, scrolla nedåt eller klicka här: Matig spenatsallad med råris och kikärtor
This whole dish is really just one big, big tribute to spinach – such a widely popular, highly nutritious and downright gorgeous green we wouldn’t want to live without. For those of us who grow spinach ourselves, the seasons are spring and fall (not summer, which we learned last year) and you’ll be eating it by the armful for breakfast, lunch and dinner during the sweet weeks of peak-spring, before it’ll bolt and leave you pretty seed stalks shooting up towards the sun. Here, we’ve created a warm salad-ish main dish, full to the brim with flavor, nutrients and energy alike. Tons of fresh herbs and lemon zest lend a bright kick, and the tahini dressing drizzled on top adds the final touch of yumminess. Leftovers keep well in the fridge and make an excellent packed lunch the next day. Go make!
5 dl uncooked brown rice/oat rice
25 g fresh mint leaves (~2 dl tightly packed), finely chopped
25 g fresh oregano leaves (~2 dl tightly packed), finely chopped
9 dl cooked chickpeas (~630 g), rinsed and drained
Zest from 1 lemon
1 shallot, finely chopped
300 g fresh spinach, rinsed (if the leaves are very big, give them a rough chop)
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp canola oil
Salt and black pepper
1 1/2 dl tahini
3/4 dl lemon juice
3/4 dl water
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
2 tsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt
Good grind of black pepper
1 1/2 dl toasted pumpkin seeds
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, place the finely chopped mint and oregano, as well as lemon zest, in a large bowl. Stir in the chickpeas, canola oil and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the rice is done, immediately mix in the spinach so it starts to wilt down a little. Add in the finely chopped shallot as well. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Mix the spinach rice with the chickpeas and herbs. Season with salt (approx. 1/2 tsp, provided you used some when cooking the rice as well) and black pepper.
- Serve in big bowls with a generous drizzle of dressing and a handful of pumpkin seeds on top. Enjoy!