A container full of energy balls in the fridge on a Monday and you know two things for sure: it’ll be a good week and there’s no way they’ll last until Friday. Because wouldn’t you agree there’s always room for snacks? And the better and more proper the snack, the better the day will continue.
Energy balls come in about one million different shapes (ha, not really!) and costumes and this is our latest addition: boosted with chickpeas for a little extra plant power, chocolate for a little extra pick-me-up effect and peanut butter because you know us (we put it in and on practically everything).
If the chickpeas make you skeptical and a bit suspicious, fear not. You won’t taste them at all, but instead just a super tasty little nugget of energy that we urge you to make now. An excellent snack no matter the time of day, day of the week, occasion, situation, company and weather – and so very simple to make, too. Enjoy!
För recept på svenska, klicka här: Energibollar med kikärtor och jordnötssmör
Makes 20 balls
Total Time: 30 min
100 g rolled oats (250 ml)
230 g cooked chickpeas (350 ml)
100 g peanut butter (100 ml)
2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
1/4 tsp salt
50 g dark chocolate, chopped (100 ml)
- Using a food processor, blend the oats into a course flour. Remove and set aside.
- Add the chickpeas, peanut butter, honey and salt into the food processor and blend until smooth. Add in the oats and blend again until combined. If it feels dry, add in 1 tbsp of water.
- Pour everything out into a mixing bowl and stir in the the chopped chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for an hour until firm and well chilled. While not necessary, it makes rolling the balls easier.
- Roll into balls and refrigerate until ready to eat. They can also be stored in the freezer.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Share this post!