Simpler, cheaper and now even vegan friendly – here’s an updated version of our original Granola Bars recipe. Granola bars fall into that category of money saving tips related to making things yourself vs. buying already made – purchasing prepackaged bars gets expensive quickly. Here, the ingredients for the whole batch cost about as much as one store-bought bar. That’s a good deal, wouldn’t you say? We love having some of these in the freezer for impromptu adventures or quick snacks when blood sugar levels are on the decline, and suggest you give the recipe a go. Super simple to make, very yummy to eat. Good luck!
För recept på svenska, klicka här: Flapjacks med jordnötssmör och choklad
Makes 8 bars
Total Time: 10 min + time to set
100 ml baking syrup* (125 g)
100 ml salted peanut butter (125 g)
400 ml oats (160 g)
100 ml raisins (60 g)
50 ml chopped dark chocolate (30 g)
*Ljus sirap here in Sweden. Maple syrup can be substituted but has not been tested.
- Stir together the baking syrup and peanut butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in the oats, raisins and chopped chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour out granola mixture into a parchment paper lined loaf pan, making sure to press down hard to form a compact layer.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before cutting. Can be stored in the fridge for up to a week, and the freezer for several months.
- To bring on the go – wrap them individually in parchment paper and twist the ends to “lock” (think old-timey candy) and pop in your bag.
Share this post!
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe (and perhaps other ones as well), maybe you would like to support us on Patreon? For as little as $3 per month, you would play a huge part in helping us create more of the content you like, as well as keep our blog ad-free. And if Patreon isn’t your thing at all, please remember this: each time you like, comment, cook one of our recipes, recommend us to a friend or in any other way spread the word about us, you do us an immense favor. Thank you so much for being part of our mission.
– Sophia & Michael