För recept på svenska, klicka här: Pasta med ugnsrostad pumpa och grönkål
A delicious, hearty pasta dish that comes together without too much fuss is what you get right here – it’s creamy, flavorful and perfectly filling, and looks beautiful on your plate as a bonus! It lands extra well in our bellies after a long day on our feet, and sometimes we boost it with a generous helping of chickpeas mixed in. Butternut squash is such a versatile vegetable, and we love topping pasta with oven roasted soft cubes of it. We actually like it better that way than tossed with the pasta, as the squash turns mushy easily and turns into more of a smear than cubes (delicious nonetheless though). And oh dear, roasted red onions. Such a magnificent flavor booster and definitely a must here – no cheating and leaving it out!
Some other weeknight friendly pasta dishes we return to time and time again include this Creamy Broccoli Pasta using a secret sauce weapon, this Italian-American inspired Pasta with Cauliflower, Garlic and Bread Crumbs, this refreshing Creamy Brussels Sprouts Pasta with Lemon and Walnuts and this comforting Baked Pasta with Mushrooms and Kale. And if you sit on butternut squash but don’t feel up for pasta, we’d love to recommend this Butternut Squash with Curried Chickpeas, this warming Peanut Chickpea Stew with Butternut Squash and our beloved Kale Salad with Butternut Squash and Tahini Dressing, of course.
Total Time: 45 min
1 kg butternut squash, cut into 1 1/2 cm cubes
3 red onions (300 g), halved and cut in 1/2 cm thick wedges
400 g pasta
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp chopped fresh sage
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 bunch green kale (200 g), de-stemmed and roughly chopped
2 dl plant-based cream (we like oat cream)
- Set the oven to 200ºC. Toss the butternut squash with the onions, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp of salt and a few grinds of black pepper and place on an oven sheet. Roast in the oven for 30-45 min, tossing about halfway through, or until the butternut squash is soft but not mushy. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté garlic and herbs in 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium heat for 1-2 min, stirring constantly so the garlic doesn’t burn. Then add the kale to the pan and cook until wilted, approximately 5-10 min.
- Pour the cream into the pan and stir. Let simmer for 2 min, and then add in the cooked pasta. Toss together.
- Spoon pasta into bowls, top with roasted butternut squash and onions and serve.
Share this post!
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe (and perhaps other ones as well), maybe you would like to support us on Patreon? For as little as $3 per month, you would play a huge part in helping us create more of the content you like, as well as keep our blog ad-free. And if Patreon isn’t your thing at all, please remember this: each time you like, comment, cook one of our recipes, recommend us to a friend or in any other way spread the word about us, you do us an immense favor. Thank you so much for being part of our mission.
– Sophia & Michael